Sunday 13 July 2008

Giving Feedback Can Be Hard!

It's wonderful when we spot that perfect gem of a review that rolls off the tongue and stirs great feelings for a film.

But it's not so easy when we struggle with an unusual word or phrase, or some irregular grammar, or a slight overuse of mild vocabulary.

But let's remember the point of giving feedback. This project lives by participation - it is essential! It brings richness, variety and depth to a collection that may eventually prove publishable. Without great contributions, it would be nothing.

We all want to write our best work and to improve daily in our efforts to reach and reward the reader. So let's welcome direct feedback, and encourage others to speak openly and honestly about anything they find difficult or feel could be improved.

I would hate to feel that my comments, or anyone else's, on contributions were less than helpful or upsetting to anyone, because there is always something good that can be crafted into something wonderful with a little more play.

Please forgive me for being picky - and if you feel you are being criticized, please tell me - that is never my intention. If we could sit down over a notepad together, it would be so much easier - but as all we have is this, let's make the most of it and enjoy learning as much as we can from one another.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me to improve on my work. Please continue!

1 comment:

zygoncurry said...

All I would like to add is thanks for all the feedback i ahve received, it's all appreciated